By Thomas Cox
Throughout the summer a group of volunteers are bringing, a roadshow of free activities to village halls.
Kickstart aims is to bring rural communities in the borough together through a series of social events showcasing ideas for healthy lifestyles, fitness and well-being.
Whether you are a die-hard fitness fanatic or just looking for something to entertain the grandchildren there will be something for everyone, little and big kids alike!
Take part in:
- fitness and rhythm for the over 55s,
- sports massages
- Walking for Health
- Couch to 5K programmes
- taster sessions for rugby, yoga, climbing, ‘kids kombat’, archery and football.
Each session aims to be fun and friendly way for people to develop a love for activity if they are out of practice – or even for people to get active for the first time.
When and where
Dates for the events will be on Friday’s starting in August between 10am and 4pm.
- 2nd August 10:00 – 16:00 at High Ercall village hall, Park Lane, TF6 6BE – Sign up.
- 9th August 10:00 – 16:00 at Cliff Crescent, Ellerdine, TF6 6QT.
- 16th August 10:00 – 16:00 at 14 and 16 Shrewsbury Rd, Edgmond, Newport TF10 8HU.
- 23rd August 10:00 – 16:00 at Crudgington School, Telford, TF6 6JF.
Let’s Get Telford Active
The pot of £50,000 aims to encourage community-led activities, creating more chances for people to have a go at different activities and find something they love.
Find out more
If you are looking for some inspiration to get active this year then subscribe to our email newsletter and we’ll let you know about all the upcoming events.