Telford and Wrekin Council’s frontline staff have been there for our residents from day one. They’ve adapted to working from home and had to learn and implement new services very quickly.
The Customer Services team usually work together in our council offices at Addenbrooke House. However, following government advice they are now taking your calls from their own homes.
They have done a fantastic job at making sure that residents calls are answered quickly, and our everyone is given the help advice they need.
They’ve been instrumental in the setting up our community and crisis helplines.
Six customer service achievements over the past few weeks:
- 35 contact centre staff are now answering calls from home.
- Since the 23 March they have taken 15,000 phone calls.
- Handled over 3,000 emails
- They are answering calls on average under 10seconds meaning residents are not having to hold for long.
- There has been 2,000 calls to the new Community support line .
- 30 March saw the busiest day in Telford & Wrekin Council’s history will 1,583 calls coming into the call centre in one day.
Open over Easter
Our team has bee open and taking calls seven days per week. They’ll also be working this bank holiday weekend.
Join us in saying a huge thank you to our teams who are working hard to help local residents and provide as much assistance as they can.
Stay at home, Protect the NHS, Save lives.