Kindness strengthens relationships, develops community, and deepens solidarity. It is a cornerstone of our individual and collective mental health.
One small act of kindness can lift someone’s mood and often inspires others to make acts of kindness of their own.
To help spread the kindness for Mental Health Awareness Week, we challenge you to take part in a 7 day kindness challange.
We want people in Telford and Wrekin to make one act of kindness each day this week. They don’t have to be big gestures, one small act of kindness can make all the difference to someone.
To give you some ideas we have 25 ideas below.
Ideas for acts of kindenss
- Call a friend that you haven’t spoken to for a while
- Tell a family member how much you love and appreciate them
- Arrange to have a cup of tea and virtual catch up with someone you know
- Tell someone you know that you are proud of them
- Send a motivational text to a friend who is struggling
- Arrange to watch a film at the same time as a friend and video call
- Tell someone you know why you are thankful for them
- Send someone you know a joke to cheer them up
- Make a cup of tea for someone you live with
- Send someone you know a picture of a cute animal
- Contact someone you haven’t seen in a while and arrange a virtual catch up
- Send an inspirational story of kindness people around the world are doing for others to someone you know
- Help with a household chore at home
- Spend time playing with your pet
- Offer to send someone a takeaway or a meal
- Donate to foodbanks
- Send an inspirational quote to a friend
- Offer support to vulnerable neighbours
- Donate to a charity
- Reach out to call a friend, family member or neighbour who is experiencing loneliness or self-isolation
- Send an interesting article to a friend
- Offer to skill share with a friend via video call – you could teach guitar, dance etc.
- Lend your ear – call a colleague and ask how they’re finding the change in routine
- Give praise to your colleague for something they’ve done well
- Arrange to have a video lunch with a colleague
Got any other ideas for acts of kindness?
Let us know what small acts of kindness you have planned for Mental Health Awareness Week in the comments below.